The Green Team meets each Wednesday from 3.15pm to 4.15pm in the Outdoor Classroom. We have several areas around school that we take care of including a couple of flowerbeds, the Outdoor Classroom cottage garden and hanging baskets, a small orchard, Green Team garden, three organic food growing raised beds and an area for landscaping. Some of our local community work is carried out in the evening and weekends.
The program covers a variety activities including:
- Recycling to make new products;
- Whole-school environmental campaigns;
- Competitions for the whole school;
- Improving the wildlife habitats around school;
- Wildlife surveys;
- Working parties to support the local community;
- Projects supported by other departments in school;
- Working with outside agencies.
New members are always welcome. If you want any further information please speak to Mrs Moorhouse.