Norden High School & Sports College
‘Building Mind & Body’
To be an outstanding caring community school; where all students are valued and recognised for their achievements and positive contributions to school, the community and the wider society.
Learning at Norden is a progressive journey from Year 7 to Year 11 which continues through life. So learn together the Norden way!
We aim to;-
- Consistently provide high expectations and motivational, high- quality teaching which promotes in students a ‘thirst for learning’ and seeks to raise their aspirations.
- Seek out and nurture the gifts and abilities of every student through challenge, support and encouragement.
- Provide an environment for learning which is safe and stimulating and which helps to nurture students self – esteem and confidence.
- Assist students to become creative, critical and independent learners who are able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Support students to articulate clearly and communicate confidently with people of all ages.
- Enable and encourage students to continually acquire the skills necessary for life and to become resilient and adaptable to changes, both within and outside school.
- Assist students in becoming equipped to face challenges in life and to make positives contributions in the community and society at large.
- Encourage honesty and develop in students an understanding and respect for others and one’s self.
- Promote ‘healthy living’, fitness and well – being both within school and the local community.
- Maintain an effective partnership between school, parents, students and the wider community.